Friday, June 10, 2011

What a week...


I'm still catching up on my sleep! 

My Young Adult Romance, Jocelyn's Choice released earlier this week and I'm still coming down from the high!  It's been an amazing ride in such a short period of time. Not only was this my first publishing experience, but I was also the first Hot New Talent Noble launched in their new program.  Hopefully you'll agree with them when they say I'm Hot! ;)

When I signed the contract a few months ago, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I'm still learning something new every day. It's great!  But, the one thing I didn't expect was that I'd gain the opportunity to meet and become friends with so many authors and readers this quickly. The support you've shown has made me feel so welcome, and I'm lucky to be a part of such a talented and friendly community. I look forward to making many more friends!

Here's a little peek into Jocelyn's dilemma...

Prologue

I sat on the floor in the tiny bathroom and debated whether I should reach up to the counter and check the stick I had just peed on. It had been over five minutes, more than enough time to get the results I was dreading. I’d thrown up twice since starting the test, but I was getting used to that. I had been throwing up for over two weeks now. At first, I thought it was just the stress I felt over him leaving. It wasn’t until after he went back to Yale that I realized I was more than three weeks late.

Three weeks and two days, to be exact. I didn’t have to look at that test to know what it was going to tell me, because I already knew. My stomach did another flip just thinking about it. The July heat wasn’t helping, either. I hovered over the toilet, pulled my long hair out of the way, and emptied whatever was left in my system, which wasn’t much. I stood up and rinsed out my mouth, my gaze veering over toward the pregnancy test. My hands trembled as I slowly picked it up. I forced myself to look. I needed the confirmation.

Two pink lines . . . no shock there. I even knew exactly when it happened. The day of the week, and where we were. But, how did I let this happen? I knew the answer to that too.


Stop by my blog (ellajadeauthor.blogspot.com), find me on FB (ella jade) or follow me on twitter (@ellajade1). I'll be waiting for you!

Ella








No comments: